Thursday, January 17, 2019

Intro

Hi there!
Welcome to my blog for the software design and architecture class!
I'm Gerardo, most people call me Gerry. I'm the 8th semester of the ISC program and I have the 'regular' schedule according to the program.

At the moment I do not have any particular expectations from the course other than to go through a large amount of good practices to follow when constructing larger software projects. I believe that most of them will make sense and will actually be helpful and of guidance when the time comes for us to actually work on such projects. (Hopefully, and maybe, just maybe, we'll get to play around with legos again).

 I'm generally interested in computers, programming, and what computers can be made to do for us as a species through programming. I like knowledge. Other interests of mine include videogames such as the Halo saga and Super Smash Brothers. Generally I spend time learning random stuff on the internet and watching anime and/or going out with my partner.

Recently I re-watched Netflix's Devilman crybaby and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time, it only reaffirmed my opinion that it is am true masterpiece and a modern classic. During the winter break I also watched 'Rascal does not dream of bunnygirl senpai' and Trigger's 'SSSS.Gridman'. I enjoyed both very much, although I'd take the latter one if I had to pick. When there's nothing to watch I just binge the infinite Rick and Morty stream while I do other stuff.

At the beginning of the winter break I challenged myself to read Cormen's Introduction to Algorithms. It's been tough. I'm also reading 'A Tour Of C++' by the dude who made C++ himself. I figured I should know the language before I graduate.

Music-wise I've been listening to lots of 'electro'(?) in my search for music similar to Porter Robinson's 'Worlds', with artists such as k?d, Robotaki and Illenium. I've also been listening to local jazz by 'Alex Mercado TrĂ­o'.


No comments:

Post a Comment