Monday, March 18, 2019

Microservices

I feel like this article is trying to rationalize / justify something that needs no justification. It felt like it was overly defensive  about the architecture it talks about, when it really didn't need to be in my opinion. Another thing that I feel is important to mention about it (especially in the context of the material covered in previous blog publications) is that from the very start it was clear to me that this article came from a much more recent time than the other ones. Not only because of its mentions of companies such as Amazon and Netflix, or terms like 'cloud' but also because it didn't talk about change in a worried or scared way like the ones that date back to the birth of agile.

Another aspect of this article I'd comment about is that, in general, it gave a vibe and it made it fee like the things it talked about operate at a larger scale. A very large scale.

This leads me to a thing that I've been liking about this course that I hadn't commented on before. It had happened in the past ( in the post about software craftsmanship i think ) that I've felt that the practices mentioned in the content would only work on projects and industry slices that are only beyond a certain size or scale level. I've been both liking and disliking this to be completely honest. I like it because it makes me feel confident that we are going over some for real sruff in the course. I dislike it because in our shallow experience, very few of us have gotten to work and operate in those scales, and it is our perception that a majority of the industry around us is not of that scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment